April 2015 Blog_ Photography of Shopkeepers
I never really appreciated rapid fire street photography but rather admired portraits of people, such as shopkeepers, that I would find in my locale or in travels. This blog will highlight some of the shopkeepers I photographed during my exploration of Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Here are some suggestions:
1. Get to know the people you are photographing. Make them comfortable. Ask about their shop and their jobs.
2. I always like to give back. I return on many occasions to the same locale and bring prints for them as gifts or give them jpegs if desired for their own social medial and PR. Word spreads and the cooperation keeps improving.
3. Linger. Don't rush. Be part of the community. This will allow you time to set up for a particular photo even using off camera flash without causing discomfort or alarm.
4. Accept humble offerings of coffee, cheese, pasta etc. since they want to show you that your work is valuable to them. Show respect and they will respect you.
5. Enjoy your new found friends. Expand your horizon and try other neighborhoods that you would like to get to know.
Keywords: Arthur Avenue, Bronx, Fine Art Photography, Judith M Photography, Judith Monteferrante, creative photography, photo tips, photography, photography tips, portraits, street photography
You are superb man! Its really good that you usually like to relinquish. You come back on numerous occasions towards the same area and provide prints to them as presents or provide them with jpegs in case desired for his or her own interpersonal medial as well as PR. Term spreads and also the cooperation maintains improving.
No comments posted.
Recent PostsFisheye Lens Tips Infrared Photography Nerdy Tips to Improve Lightroom Performance Storytelling with Pictures Photography Tips for Dog Days of Summer Underwater Photos Macro Flower Photography and exploring Microscopic Photography with diffuser ring flash May 2016_Black and White Photography Basics of Composition: Rules to Follow or Break! JAN - FEB 2016: Lighting with flash continued